ABOUT THE WEBSITE:
This is not a click and buy website. It is provided primarily as a reference catalog to the jewelry designs of Douglas Magnus. Although many of the items seen here are one-of-a-kind, many of these pieces are available as editions or handcrafted productions of designs from the Magnus catalog, made today in the Santa Fe studio. All are authentic original works of lasting quality.
Please call or email the Studio for further information on availability and pricing for items in the collections.
HOW TO BUY MAGNUS:
Douglas Magnus is a long established name in the American Jewelry Arts. The MAGNUS mark ensures distinctive, high quality, and unique design and craftsmanship. Many of the Magnus Designs are entirely handmade one-of-a-kind pieces, while some of the work is able to be reproduced.
You are to be congratulated for having the good taste to seek out these meaningful additions to your Quality of Life or that of someone you love! Magnus Jewelry is somehow comfortable and familiar, while always beyond the ordinary. It matters to us that you be very happy with these important acquisitions!
TO PURCHASE FROM ONE OF OUR RETAILERS:
VISIT STORES IN SANTA FE:
Magnus jewelry and accessories are available in Santa Fe at two fine stores:
- *Malouf on the Plaza, located on the historic Santa Fe Plaza, specializing in Magnus collections in silver, mixed silver/gold, Primal Diamond Jewelry, Santa Fe Heritage Collection, Turquoise statement pieces, Buckles and Belt Accessories. Visit www.maloufontheplaza.
- *Sorrel Sky, 125 W. Palace Avenue, featuring Magnus collections of Genuine Cerrillos Turquoise Jewelry set in 14k and 18k gold, with diamond accents. All pieces are made with rare Castilian and Tiffany turquoise from Magnus-owned mines, and are marked for authenticity. Visit www.sorrelsky.com.
ALSO HOUSTON, DURANGO, RUIDOSO:
- *Adobe Gallery In Ruidoso, NM., 2905 Sudderth Drive, featuring a broad selection of Magnus Works from Magnus collections in silver, mixed silver/gold, Turquoise statement pieces, Buckles and Belt accessories. Visit www.theadobefineart.com.
- *Sorrel Sky in Durango, CO., 828 Main Avenue, featuring a broad selection of MAGNUS jewelry and accessories in Silver, Gold and Turquoise. Visit www.sorrelsky.com.
- *Maida's Belts & Buckles in Houston, TX., 5727 Westheimer Road, specializing in the finest in handcrafted American Heritage Buckles, Belts and Jewelry. Visit www.maidasbelts.com.
TO PURCHASE DIRECTLY FROM MAGNUS STUDIOS:
Visit www.douglasmagnus.com, then CALL US at (505) 983-6777.
Buying Magnus can involve patience while sorting through the many selections and options in the vast collections as seen in this website. It's an Old Fashioned process. A buyer must be generally aware of items of interest and be willing to call and discuss items to obtain pricing and availability. It is not a click-and-buy website. M-F 9am-4pm MST
Douglas Magnus (b. 1946) moved to Santa Fe in the late 1960s, following his childhood in Los Angeles, California and Silverton, Colorado, and a formative two years with the U.S. Army in El Paso.
A photographer and videographer, Magnus expanded his oeuvre while in New Mexico to include painting, sculpture, and jewelry, an art form he honed while apprenticing with local Indians in Gallup, New Mexico. Soon after he acquired the famed Cerrillos Turquoise Mines, the same land originally mined by Native Americans some 1000 years ago, and later by Tiffany & Company in the early 1900s.
Today Magnus lives and works in Santa Fe, New Mexico, conceiving original designs and finished products from turquoise, silver, gold, and other materials. He is also a prolific painter, embracing numerous subjects such as interiors and figurative works, while partial to plein air paintings created on site at his mines.
Above all, Magnus embraces quality materials and meticulous craftsmanship for collections such as “Primavera,” "Diamond Plate," "Santa Fe 400," and “Boneyard.” Whether creating a necklace using rare Cerrillos turquoise, which he honors consistently with 18kt gold settings, or carving designs for silver jewelry and belt buckles influenced by historic Spanish coins or NYC manhole covers, Douglas Magnus stays true to his unique, evolving vision and his commitment to beautiful, handcrafted works of art.